Friday, August 1, 2014

Baby step #2 Homeschooling supplies.

  I got a game plan, I know what I want to teach this first week of Homeschooling now I just have to figure out what supplies to use to teach these precious lil people.
  To do this I need to figure out what methods I will be using. I won't be using any curriculum (sorry, guess I should have clarified that earlier.) so I must come up with my own methods.  Like I said before I will be getting most of these ideas off pinterest but I may have to tweak them a bit so we can afford them. It's all  about creativity anyway *wink,wink* remember to keep that in mind, try thinking outside the box and don't be afraid to let go and see where your imagination takes you!!  Like last week I was thinking "How can I get them to be interested in shapes? And understand the importance of learning them?"  After a while of thinking all of a sudden I found myself drawing shapes and cutting them out excitedly and after a circle, large oval, two skinny rectangles and multiple triangles I had completed my project and when the children woke from their naps I sat them at the table with one orange marker and one yellow one. Instructing them on which shape to color letting them trade between colors. Asking what color they were using and helping them remember. My son kept asking "what are we doing?" And "Why are we doing this?" Then after awhile he was having to much fun to ask questions.  When they finished coloring I had them glue it all together having them say the name of the shape they were gluing and this is what we made!!!!


The kid's loved it and I was happy to see how proud they were of their little chicks. 
Materials used in this project were:
Creativity
Scissors
Paper
Markers
Two moving eyes.


 So for schooling on our first week we will start at the beginning with the letter A and number 1 here are some ideas I want to try.
 
This picture is taken from the blog "No time for flash cards"
I really want do the ant and alligator but we shall see. I am not sure if I can afford supplies before we start or not so we will make do with what we have.
So back to supplies, I am not going all crazy buying all kinds of stuff. That would take the fun and creativity out of all this. I have a stack of computer paper my husband got off a job he did a few years ago and I have markers, crayons , toilet paper rolls, some wiggly eyes, some color pencils I got on sell at target, glue and a bit of a brain that I hope can get me through this. I'm sure I will find other things laying around the house for us to use as well. I do believe we can do most everything with the supplies on hand and if not we will do a Craft supply treasure hunt around the house and outside:).


Homeschooling has been the only option in my mind and my husband is so wonderful, he is all for it as well. Though I know it will be a challenge I believe it will be worth it. I love my children and want to spend as much time with them as possible, especially while they are young. If I were to send them to school do you realise that I would miss around 30 hours of their lives a week? That is about 120 hours of their lives a month, and those are hours of precious memories I would never ever get back!

No one knows your children the way you do, No one is going to care for them in the way that you do, No one will put their individual needs above everything else like you will, No one will appreciate them or their time with them like you will, no one will take the thought for their eternal souls like you will.

In the end...... 
That is what makes it worth it.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old,
He will not depart from it.

Keeping record and you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment